Now’s Actually a Pretty Great Time to Work on Your Business
If there’s a bright side to this quarantine thing, it’s that we’ve all got more time on our hands than before. That’s especially true for service providers who might not be invited to in-person meetings with customers or clients.
This will end. We’ll get back to normal.
But in the meantime, we can stay busy and productive by working on our business foundations.
Is Your Website Performing As Well as it Could Be? How Do You Know?
From Yelp to Google Maps to Angie’s List and anywhere else, your website is recognized by just about every directory as your business’s virtual home.
Yet despite playing this important role, most business owners don’t spend a lot of time thinking about their websites.
Nor should they – you didn’t become a service provider to fiddle with websites, after all.
Even “good” websites for service providers don’t often produce results that can be measured. They’re based on “feel” and gut instinct.
The result? Most business owners can only say “I think it works,” when asked how their websites are performing.
The “Standard” Way of Building Websites Leads to Sub-standard Results
Here’s how most people design websites:
- “What’s everything I’d ever want my customers to know, big or small?”
- “Let’s put all of that info on the homepage.”
- “And let’s link to everything without any clear 1-2-3 path through my site.”
As a result, many business websites might look pretty. But they don’t lead potential customers through a psychological journey towards actually giving your business the cash you need.
You can’t just dump information online and expect customers to know what to make of it.
They’re busy people who want to know these key things… instantly… when they visit a service provider website:
- “Does this person solve my problem?”
- “Do they look professional and safe to invite into my home/business/life?”
- “How do I get started, and how long does it take?”
In most cases, business owners over-design and over-complicate their websites with information and details customers don’t actually want!
Conversion Design: A Better Way to Build Websites
Instead of taking the “PUT EVERYTHING ONLINE” approach to building your website, my team and I carefully craft a step-by-step journey for your audience.
I call this “Conversion Design,” and it’s a smarter way to produce higher measurable results for your site. (Ie, “Conversion Design gets you more customers and more cash.”)
In marketing speak, a “Conversion” is simply a measurable change from one stage in the customer journey to another.
So when a potential customer fills out a form or calls your business, they’re “converting” from a prospect to a lead. This allows us to measure how many people visited the page versus how many people “converted.”
Identifying “conversion” points lets you create a measurable customer journey through every psychological stage of awareness:
- Completely unaware: The moment before they find the slow drip under the sink or stain on the carpet
- Problem aware: Spotting their issue and knowing they need to call you.
- Solution aware: Clicking from Google Maps or Yelp to your website
- Product/service aware: Clicking from your homepage to a specific services page
- The most aware: Viewing your services page and filling out a contact form
Of course, this is just a demonstration; every business’s customers should have a journey crafted to that specific business.
But it shows an important principle in web design:
When you can measure the success of your website design, you can improve it and make it even more effective over time.
Our conversion design approach creates websites that turn more visitors into leads for your business.
Here’s how our approach works:
- We’ll speak with you (and even your customers) to understand what makes your business unique
- We’ll then map out what the step-by-step customer journey looks like, based on a deep understanding of psychology and a decade of experience
- Finally, we’ll combine visuals, words, and tech into a conversion-designed website for your business
This approach works, for businesses both large and small. Whether you’re a one-person service or running a 10,000-person enterprise, conversion design gives you measurable, effective results.
Now You Can Get a Conversion-Designed Website… In a Day!
Thanks to the way we’re all hunkered down, we’ve got a bit more time to work on projects like your website.
(Amazing how much time you get back when you’re not commuting on the 405.)
Through hyper-focusing on your project, our team will be able to eliminate time-wasting, dilly-dallying, and stinkin’ thinkin’ to build your website fast.
And it won’t just be fast, it’ll be good, too.
How can I promise this?
- Well, to start, I’ve been building websites since the 90s. That’s right… I got my start during dial-up days. This means I’ve picked up tricks along the way to be hyper efficient.
- I’ve also got the results from my clients to prove conversion design works. In one instance, I helped a small basement business grow from $3k/mo to $40k/mo in less than a year. I’ve also built sites for giant $25 million enterprise campaigns.
- My clients love my work. Just check out what these brilliant business owners say about my services:
If You Can Commit to Being Available for Questions, Feedback, and Input, We Can Build Your New Website in a Single Day
Right now, it’s my goal to help as many business owners like you make the most of this quiet period. I want you to take this time to prepare so you can be ready when we get the “all clear” in a few weeks.
So I’m ready to put intense focus and dedication into building your new website.
No agency back and forth for months, no awkwardly waiting for the next revision round… just results, fast.
All you need to do is commit to the following:
- Filling out a brief form. This lets us begin our busy day with some background about your business, saving precious time and making the entire process more efficient.
- An hour-long phone call (or video chat). This lets us learn even more about your customers, web design preferences (ie, what you like and don’t like), and other essential details.
- Random questions and feedback during the day. We’ll work on your site throughout the day, but we might have some questions along the way.
“How Can a Site Built in a Day be Good?”
I specialize in working efficiently. In fact, I work better under deadlines. I’m the “MacGuyver of web design” who can build (and rebuild) sites fast.
“Launching tomorrow and something’s broken? Call Matt.”
“Need a landing page for your new offer… that launches in two weeks? Call Matt.”
“Old designer disappeared and you need someone to finish a client site ASAP? Call Matt.”
Every site is built fresh, from the ground up. This means no templates, no shortcuts, no lazy “clone an existing site.”
It’s only through years of experience that I can do this.
And it’s only because I’ve made my clients a LOT of money that I feel confident in offering this service.
- For example, a website I built helped a startup crowdfund $400k in a matter of weeks.
- On another site, I used conversion design principles to grow small business revenues $250k over 4.5 months.
- Yet another site I built raised $25 million from major donors over a year.
My approach works. And it can work for your new site, too.
“What If I Don’t Like the Website You Make for Me?”
You will. Because I’ve never had a client who said, “Nope, send it back.”
HOWEVER, it’s my goal to help you feel super safe and secure about this. So if you decide, after it’s all said and done, that you don’t like the site we build, I’ll happily refund you.
All that’s at risk is about a day. And right now, most of us have nothing but time on their hands.
Why not give it a shot and see how you can get a beautiful new website in a day?
“Can I See Your Previous Work?”
“What if I Want More Changes Later?”
First, our sites are guaranteed for 90 days after delivery. Any problems, errors, broken things, etc. that are the result of our work are covered. So if a plugin breaks, or we missed something, we’ll fix it quickly, on our own dime if needed, for 90 days.
But what if you want to make additional changes, like new page templates or offer pages?
That’s simple. You can either use our Creative Tech Support service to buy a month or year of unlimited tech support. Or you can just let us know while we’re building your site about an anticipated upcoming change – we’re pretty easy going.
“What Does This Cost?”
How to Get Started
This isn’t like other “fill out this form and we’ll contact you” offers. We need to move fast to get your day scheduled.
That’s why the only way to take advantage of this offer is to either:
Just leave your name, current business website address (if you have one), and when you’re available.
Here’s a simple template:
“Hi Matt, this is Jane. I need a new website! My current website is www.janesplanes.com, and I’m available anytime after Thursday.”
Once we’ve touched base, I’ll send over a work agreement and invoice.
Then we’ll get to work! We’ll:
- Have you fill out your onboarding form
- Schedule an early-morning kickoff call on the website day
- Work on your site using your responses (and even call a customer or two, depending on their availability)
- Have a draft to show you and get feedback by mid-afternoon
- Deliver the final, ready-to-go product by 8am local time the next day
This is a lot of work, but my team knows how to handle it.